View Single Post
Old 03-26-2019, 07:06 PM
howardhughes8
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2014

Originally Posted by Blackhawk View Post
As a new hire FO with 10 years left I have to put serious consideration into the funding of my 401k for the remainder of my flying career. Having said that, I enjoy K4 and would need to see a good enough difference at another carrier to make up for QOL. For example, going brown I’d probably wind up at ANC as a new hire... with the respective commute. Barf.
There are NO CERTAINTIES when it comes to Brown, very picky and hard to figure out. Just because you are typed and current in the 74 doesn’t mean you will get 74 ANC. People always say “I don’t want to go to X because I may be based in X or be placed in X equipment”. Knocking on the door doesn’t mean you will be let in. I have a friend trying to get in at Brown who is typed and current in the 74, wants to live in ANC, excellent experience, college degree and not a peep.

But one thing IS for certain, if you don’t knock, you never know if you will be let in, assuming you want to be let into the house, some may simply not be interested, which is completely understandable. Not every job is for everyone as not every job is desired by everyone.