View Single Post
Old 03-27-2019, 12:37 PM
Buck Rogers
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2018

Originally Posted by Planetrain View Post
That’s a bummer situation.
Southwest is SWAPA, not ALPA. I’m sure if you forwarded your situation particulars to the jumpseat committee they might be able to highlight the problem across high level channels and begin to prevent this from happening again.

Agree whole heartedly.....Capt authority should be able to prevail in Zippinbye's situation where he could have flowed to the back. If, however, it was for a jumpseat in the cockpit, that might be more complicated due to CASS. Every once in a while shiznit happens.....no need to go nuclear....even Delta's jumpseat listing was inop a couple of weeks ago(might even have included all NR) if I remember correctly

The "no nuclear" perception comes from my experience years ago at Delta. Ron Allen prohibited jumpseats to other carriers however, numerous other carriers graciously extended jumpseats to me(and all Delya pilots) since they recognized that it wasn't the Delta pilots fault. It was the intransigence of management that led to the problem. With enough effort DAL ALPA was able to get the Delta jumpseat policy changed.

Thank you ALPA!