View Single Post
Old 03-27-2019, 01:28 PM
Cheese7
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2016

Originally Posted by msmarchin View Post
I have ultimately decided against ATP as well. I found a local flying club to build time and a local flight school with an expanding 141 college program for after I get my CFI. The plane is simple, but it's IFR equipped and extremely economical.

In the end, I just could not justify paying ATP so much extra. Especially when I don't see much benefit to the extras (with the hiring situation as it currently stands...airline partnerships don't seem to be worth much). Plus I can keep working full-time and save some money.
Glad you weren't blinded by the marketing hype. Now it's time to get to work!! I'm not sure if you are zero time or between private and instrument, but if you are just starting, I recommend the Sporty's Learn to Fly course (good on an iPad, also available on computer), the Pilots Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge (free PDF on FAA website - I purchased a paper copy on Amazon) and the Airplane Flying Handbook (also a free PDF on FAA website, or paper on Amazon) Start chipping away. Good luck!

I also recommend these videos on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...5Y8lSzlOUCTXp1

I little dry, but informative and free.