Thread: FlyExclusive
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2019, 07:48 PM
B727DRVR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Thumbs down Sounds like a different company than mine...

Originally Posted by UTR69 View Post
I’m not sold on their safety culture. I was pressured several
Times by the CP and president to complete a flight that was not safe due to weather and also once on a fatigue call. Regarding the fatigue call, I was contacted and told, “this is our best client. I know you’re fatigued but if you can just complete this one leg, I’ll personally end you schedule for the day”.

Those instances really made me consider where I was working and what their intentions are.

I would think twice before going there.
It sounds like you are talking about a different company than the one that I fly for. But just because something has NEVER happened to me or anyone I know here it flyExclusive.., doesn’t mean that it didn’t happen to you, but it is highly suspect. And here is why....

I say this because I have been specifically told but the CP and DO to “err on the side of caution” when considering what would have been a great trip, but WX was iffy enough that we called the CP and DO for a second opinion and they said no. They were right. Could we have done the trip safely? Yes.. Would it have been a bumpy as heck ride for our pax? Yes. Having flown at various 91K, 121, and 135 carriers, I am confident to say that our safety culture is just fine... Not to mention that we have former AA, SWA, etc. Captains AND FO’s here that don’t need the money and chose to fly for fun: Do you think that they would come here and stay here if we were some scumbag 135 company trying to fly like it’s 1999? And, we have retired applicants wanting to come here from AA, DL, SWA, UAL, UPS, etc, some who are Academy grads.

Also, we are quickly heading to 200 pilots and 50 airplanes, and we are TOO big to be pulling off this 1990’s 134 1/2 antics just to make ONE trip work out. It’s not like we are a 1 plane only company that is going to go out of business if we miss one trip... We use brokers, and because of this, they will call back even if we had a slip up in the past. We are flying the same A-listers that Netjets, XO, GAMA, Flex, TMC, etc. are, and we aren’ t going to sabotage that just to make one trip work. I personally have seen a few disappointed passengers that we weren’t able to serve due to WX or MX reasons, but we always explained to them WHY, in one word, we can’t complete their trip: SAFETY....

Also suspicious is the fact that your first post here on APC is a negative one about this Company. Maybe that’s just a coincidence.

After being here a year and a couple of weeks, I have seen nothing unsafe or improper regarding anything... MX, Ops, etc.: If I had seen the type of stuff that you allege, I would be on climbto350 looking for a job instead of challenging you. So I would have absolutely have no problem having my family on one of our planes and would also have no problem recommending flyExclusive to my fellow pilots. I absolutely disagree with everything that you said, but, congratulations on your first post and welcome to Airline Pilot Central Forums!