View Single Post
Old 03-28-2019, 09:04 AM
B727DRVR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Exclamation

Originally Posted by UTR69 View Post
I guess we will just disagree. I saw a lot of lip service about safety etc but when it came to flying “our best client Apollo”, it was gloves off to the extent of getting 5 calls from Mike about completing the trip. That’s pressure and not needed especially after a crew fatigues.

Also, please don’t trivialize my “first comment”.

Bottom line, IMO, there are much better companies to go with.

Hey UTR,

Yeah, I guess I did trivialize your comment and I'm sorry about that. I did try to say that just because it didn't happen to me or my friends, doesn't mean that it didn't happen to you.

I just know from my previous experiences where I have had to make a stand under true duress from management, and that is something that I have never seen here nor have any of my friends either. I have worked at a place (not for very long), in the 1990's, where pilots were told "DO IT OR YOU'RE FIRED". And I can tell you that flyExclusive is not one of those pilot pushing companies.

Now, if I had ground the plane somewhere for MX or fatigue issues, which I have had to, I wouldn't be surprised to hear from more than just Flight Control as to what was going on, and maybe the Fleet Lead or CP making sure that I had consulted the MEL correctly. And I wouldn't take offense to that, nor would I be threatened about that either. 5 calls, maybe.., but we are just too big now to push a safety issue for just one trip or client. We have grounded for several clients for maintainance purposes in the Excel and there was never a problem or pushback. While we don't want to let a client down, we aren't going to compromise safety and risk it all for just one trip. I'm just saying that no one here gets threatened with their job for refusing to fly due to a safety concern...

Blue skies and I hope you are happy wherever you ended up.