View Single Post
Old 03-29-2019, 04:26 AM
vdawson
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2018
Default Interview and availability date

So I have an availability date around 6 months out due to a contract with my current employer. I submitted an application to SkyWest this week, thinking I would time everything appropriately since from what I understand they have about a 6 month back log for class dates. However a recruiter called and told me they don’t accept applications with starting dates that far out. She said I needed to be within 3 months of my availability date to apply. So I responded that I heard there was a 6 month back log and was trying to get my ducks in a row and that I did not want to be unemployed for 3 months. She said they were trying to get the back log reduced and that I could re apply in a few months.

I think they have the 3 month out rule for folks that don’t have their hours yet. I have 1850 hours and I think they are being ridiculous. SkyWest was my first choice but it’s sounding like I’m going elsewhere. Applied to a couple of other regionals and was invited to an interview immediately. Oh well!