View Single Post
Old 03-29-2019, 03:24 PM
MidnightHauler
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2014

Originally Posted by vdawson View Post
So I have an availability date around 6 months out due to a contract with my current employer. I submitted an application to SkyWest this week, thinking I would time everything appropriately since from what I understand they have about a 6 month back log for class dates. However a recruiter called and told me they don’t accept applications with starting dates that far out. She said I needed to be within 3 months of my availability date to apply. So I responded that I heard there was a 6 month back log and was trying to get my ducks in a row and that I did not want to be unemployed for 3 months. She said they were trying to get the back log reduced and that I could re apply in a few months.

I think they have the 3 month out rule for folks that don’t have their hours yet. I have 1850 hours and I think they are being ridiculous. SkyWest was my first choice but it’s sounding like I’m going elsewhere. Applied to a couple of other regionals and was invited to an interview immediately. Oh well!
You JUST applied this week, haven't even been invited to an interview yet, and still had the situation openly explained to you from the recruiter. So, they basically told you to get in the back of the line and apply closer to when you're available since many people change their minds in a 6 month period.
You think it's ridiculous they don't call, invite you to an interview, and offer you a job a week after applying? That's pretty unrealistic.