View Single Post
Old 03-31-2019, 07:06 AM
kwri10s
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2006

Originally Posted by PurpleToolBox View Post
Yep, I disagree. And I didn’t say punished for those hawking OT. I’d rather have a system which goes by seniority instead of who is the fastest. OR who knows the charters are coming. (It’s a scam and you know it). People are cheating. If you are senior and you want to work extra or you need to make up vacation .. whatever .. you get priority because you are senior.
I think you will find yourself in the vast minority with this view. The only people who will hold this view are those that are senior in a seat but don't want to put in the time to hawk open time. They see good trips go to junior guys who do spend all day on their phones, and they want a piece of the pie but not give the effort. As a top 10% person, I understand the issue. But I recognize that since I don't want to hawk open time, why should I expect to get the sweet trips.

The wolf pack guys are a whole other issue. That does not have anything to do with the regular guys trading with open time.

Waiting to see if you have a schedule change is just mind-numbingly stupid. Many times when I was junior on open time release nights, I've had near 100 different inputs in waiting to process. As trips drop in but swaps don't process for 10 hours or longer, you now have to put in trip swap requests for every new trip. Waiting hours to process just mucks up the system. Right now we are pretty fat on pilots, if you can remember back to times when we were low on pilots, there were well over 100 trips in open time. Real-time processing solves the gnashing of teeth waiting to process.