View Single Post
Old 03-31-2019, 08:07 AM
abxflyr
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Definitely some accuracy in contract vs. quality of people. If ABX, or any other ACMI carrier, had a FDX/UPS/DAL/UAL contract they would be attracting a much higher quality of individual. Two of those carriers still require college degrees although they may end up changing that soon as well. Regardless of what the written requirements are, look at their actual class averages....still well above what ACMI's will get.

For check airmen,....I have to admit I considered it myself but then hypoxia deprivation dissipated and my senses returned to their normal state of abby-normal. I know of at least 8 others at ABX who did place their name in the hat.

Contractually, ABX pays a $55/hr premium for check pilot (based on flight time). My local FBO is getting $59/hr for dual-multi in Senecas and Duchess. IMHO 767 and 121 work it should pay more....ergo contract issue again. Just not worth a thousand a month for that level of jeopardy. For the record, check airmen should (and most are) be in it for the love of the job and not the money as a first priority; makes a better check pilot as well!