View Single Post
Old 03-31-2019, 08:48 AM
Mountain Man
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2015

Originally Posted by Aphineday View Post
The interview was broken down into three parts. 1.) A tour of the facility 2.) Everyone takes a ride to HQ 3.) Actual Interview.
There are three groups for the actual interview, HR, a written test, and then a panel of pilots and management.
The test seemed to be over some really obscure things that I vaguely remembered, and mostly things that there is no way I would be utilizing on an even semi-regular basis.
The HR interview was standard HR stuff (tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult situation, why Airshare, etc.).
The pilot panel was not very welcoming. It seemed like they all thought they were so much better than I was... even though the assistant chief pilot had a man bun. Ok, ok, kidding aside, they asked standard questions about situational flying. How you might handle certain situations.
Even though the interview wasn’t particularly warm and inviting, I was still definitely considering them. I felt like I performed well in the interview, but must have been wrong, as they sent me the TBNT letter a week later.
I honestly have no idea what I could have done better, (other than maybe the written test) so it’s hard for me to say what exactly they are looking for.
I do feel like any company that sends you the TBNT letter, and then never reimburses your expenses isn’t a company I’m going to recommend.
I know there was some turnover in the HR department, you may want to ask again for the reimbursement. Maybe it got lost in the transition.