View Single Post
Old 03-31-2019, 08:55 AM
FXLAX
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2017

Originally Posted by PurpleToolBox View Post

GET RID OF THE LOTTERY / EARLIER TIMESTAMP CRAP.

We are NOT equal and people cheat. Have pilots enter requests for OT trip pickups and the scheduling computer four times a day computes by seniority and gives the senior person the trip — not the person hawking OT, or the person with the fastest internet or a computer bot. Should you pick up a trip, you CAN NOT give it away (ends wolf pack crap) unless you have a good cause and the DO approves. The trip goes back to OT for the next crunching of OT. This is a fairer system since it goes by seniority and everyone is senior at some point.

There wouldn’t be that much EARLIER TIME STAMP if there was instant trip trading. You would only possibly get ONE of those messages at the beginning of the open time window.

As for making it seniority based, I respectfully disagree. But that’s because we are of different philosophies. Im all for seniority when it comes to bidding your line. But I would like instant trip trading because it allows the majority, that are not senior, a chance at being able to improve their QOL. It wouldn’t give junior people an advantage because anyone could partake. But it would at least give them a chance at QOL they currently can’t obtain due to their juniority.

And there is precedent for this in our contract. Our vacation bidding is not strictly seniority based. The way we do vacation bidding, it gives the junior people a chance at getting a vacation week during a time of the year that they probably wouldn’t otherwise be able to if it was done strictly by seniority.

The other end of the philosophical spectrum is to do EVERYTHING strictly by seniority. I hope we never go to that sort of system. Only the top senior people would enjoy QOL.