Old 04-01-2019, 03:22 AM
rookie1255
New Hire

Joined APC: Aug 2017
Default Any pilots in China have advice for a newbie?

Is this job posting for real?

Sparkle Roll Airlines Legacy 650 First Officers | VOR Holdings

E145 FO $9000 a month take home pay, and not taxed in the U.S. 6 weeks on, 3 weeks off. Do they mean $9000 a month even for the weeks I'm not working? If so that's $20,250 for 6 weeks of actual work, which comes out to $3375 a week! That's more than my current monthly take home pay (don't laugh).

If this is legit where do I sign up!? Do I pick a random agency and start the process with them or does someone know one agency who's better than another?

I don't know what I don't know, but my concerns so far would be:
1. Does time in China count as 121? When I came back I would like to be able to upgrade. If the time didn't count it would delay my career progression.
2. Are expats frowned upon in the U.S? Could I come back and get hired as an FO at a LCC, or would I be forever blackmarked and doomed to be stranded in China or have to go back to a regional and basically start the timer again?

Any news/advice would be appreciated. Trying not to get scammed here. It really looks too good to be true, but my poor pilot wallet is hoping there's a miracle chance it is.