Thread: Oth dd214
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2019, 10:22 AM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by Lee 64 View Post
I would never lie about it, I’m just wondering if explaining the situation would lessen the stigma, or would just having an OTH make it next to impossible to get on at a major or legacy
I think it would be hard at a legacy, because of the stigma. You situation is about the most benign and harmless reason I could imagine for an OTH, so I suspect the initial reaction would be worse than the facts would really justify.

Second-tier majors might be more of an option. Job fairs might help you, since you could qive a quick explanation to the recruiter, an opportunity you might not otherwise get if you don't get called for an interview. Frankly some of them might even prefer to hire someone with an all-around good package, and an otherwise harmless background glitch which might turn off the top-tier (they know you'll stay).

I'd check with one of the airline interview consultants, they deal with this kind of stuff on a daily basis, and will have a better feel for the lay of the land across the industry (most of the people on these forums only interviewed with one, or zero, majors).