View Single Post
Old 04-02-2019, 12:42 PM
Adlerdriver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: 767 Captain

Originally Posted by aviatorhi View Post
But if you want to guarantee yourself a nightmare be sure to wear civvies going to KWI on a paid ticket. ME, South America, South Asian, and ASEAN countries definitely treat you much better in uniform. Other Asian countries do a little, but not much.
All this I don't understand. Paid ticket routinely in and out of DXB, BAH, SIN, PEN, KUL, TPE, HKG, CAN, PVG, NRT, KIX and once even KWI (no nightmare). All in civvies, crew ID never even left my bag unless I needed to explain to the ticket agent my follow on travel plans. Never a problem - not one. How are you treated "better" for the few minutes you're going through security or immigration that makes the hassle of a wearing a uniform worthwhile? All wearing a uniform does on a paid ticket internationally does is potentially confuse the locals and make it difficult to get into the first class lounge.

Incognito is the way to go, IMO. Board the plan, act like a normal passenger, get your drink on and don't plan on answering any calls for help after you've tossed back a few. That would be a huge mistake.