Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Dec 2007
  • Position
    AE ERJ FO
Good luck
Quote: Maveric311-
I was thinking that I should take advantage of the hiring right now and give it a shot, i can always come back and get my CFI if need be. Just a thought.
Just another thought for you to ponder is that it has never been a better time to be a CFI than right now. With the Regionals lowering their mins instructors are leaving fast. With schools crowded with students (especially foriegn ones), schools are desperate for instructors! for example my school is currently offering a $5,000 bonus to sign on to instruct for a year if you have your CFI and they will pay for your mei and cfii. Not a bad deal at all!

I have been to several interviews lately and no one has got the job with comm. multi and inst. all of the reputable regionals are hireing with like 500 and 50 at least but to be truly competitive in the interview you have to have more than that + a degree + have been a CFI. I was hired on at Eagle and will be there starting Jan 21. I got denied at Exjet however and so did a lot of others. I have about 1000 and 200 M.E. Good luck with everything though. I beleive Piedmont, TSA, PSA, and a few other will hire you with your hours but search these forums for those airlines and you might find your better off where you are now, than again you might not...

Again,

Good luck with everything.