View Single Post
Old 04-02-2019, 07:43 PM
TED74
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Originally Posted by notEnuf View Post
I agree with your optimistic new system but you realize that ARCOS is a call out system designed for lineman and road crews, right? A system that automatically logs you out without notice after 14 days and has absolutely nothing to do with slip requests. If what you’re describing is even feasible, it won’t be ARCOS and will probably be an in house Delta app or an add on for MiCrew. The likelihood of this new system being for our benefit is not very likely and will be a product of Delta IT. For customer facing tech, they are great, for the pilot group...

I like your fantasy world though, I wish I lived in it. I must be a jaded old man. I wish I had youthful optimism. Now I’m bringing my inner Eor!
Where there's a will, there's a way! Management just needs to see the benefit to updating icrew...or a few hundred-million-dollar IT meltdowns to nudge them in that direction?

I think the low hanging fruits are an on/off toggle for slips, and an ability to copy slips from one month to the next. With no changes to ARCOS itself, those improvements would cut the clutter immensely and help everyone involved. The need for large batch size would itself be diminished and head fakes could dwindle.

On the ARCOS side (not knowing the architecture), I wonder if there might not be a way to repurpose the "ineligible" designation. I have seen this status for others in the pool with me and don't fully understand why they're in the pool to begin with. But if I could self-designate as ineligible, I would in effect have my toggle off feature and not be bothered by ARCOS notification.