View Single Post
Old 04-04-2019, 08:51 PM
pitchattitude
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2017

Originally Posted by Blackhawk987 View Post
I recently retired from the Army and got the job offer from Envoy. I am working with Coast Flight right now for start dates and time for the RTP. I am looking for someone who can help me with a few questions.
1) Is Coast Flight backlogged on setting up training? Hoping for someone who recently finished the RTP to help with this.
2) I have 1470 hours of helicopter time, most in the Blackhawk. Is this going to help me in any way? Captain transition, ATP vs restrictioned ATP?
3) What aircraft should I attempt to select to hub out of DFW? I will commute from BHM for the next 15 years no matter where I end up.
4) What timelines should I honestly expect to: transition to get off reserve, transition to captain, flow to AA? I think the wife’s good for only one more sales pitch. “Honestly honey, if we can get through this last hurdle in life we be ok.”
5) When do I start accruing time with the company? When I start the fixed wing training or week one of indoc at DFW?
If you have 1500 hours TT when you finish your F/W training you will get the unrestricted ATP as long as you meet all the other requirements (cross country, night, instrument). Do you have a personal log book? Not sure how they verify cross country time either way, but that is certainly not on your 759. I don’t think goggle time counts as night either. Just make sure you are smart about how you log your time and what you are flying at coast so you meet all the sub requirements of the ATP. Practice your instruments and learn the Jepp charts. Best way is to take a NOAA chart you are familiar with and compare it to the same chart from Jepp. Use the Jepp users guide available online.

Your R/W time counts nothing towards captain upgrade. You will need the full 1000 hours of 121 at Envoy before you can upgrade.