View Single Post
Old 04-04-2019, 08:56 PM
Tyrion
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2018
Position: Flying with my right hand again

Originally Posted by Blackhawk987 View Post
I recently retired from the Army and got the job offer from Envoy. I am working with Coast Flight right now for start dates and time for the RTP. I am looking for someone who can help me with a few questions.
1) Is Coast Flight backlogged on setting up training? Hoping for someone who recently finished the RTP to help with this.
2) I have 1470 hours of helicopter time, most in the Blackhawk. Is this going to help me in any way? Captain transition, ATP vs restrictioned ATP?
3) What aircraft should I attempt to select to hub out of DFW? I will commute from BHM for the next 15 years no matter where I end up.
4) What timelines should I honestly expect to: transition to get off reserve, transition to captain, flow to AA? I think the wife’s good for only one more sales pitch. “Honestly honey, if we can get through this last hurdle in life we be ok.”
5) When do I start accruing time with the company? When I start the fixed wing training or week one of indoc at DFW?
1. No idea.
2. Nothing notable.
3. 145 or 175 both fly out of DFW. Might be a while for you to get there, might not. Timing is everything.
4. Reserve... varies. Could be 2 months... could be 18 months.
Captain... right now, it is taking guys about 2 years to build the required time to upgrade, though many don't want to.
Flow... right now, looks to be about 8 years to flow.
5. there are a few benies that start at RTP, but everything that matters starts at indoc.

It is hard to project what the best overall path is. The worst regional this year is just one LOA away from being the best one next year. Case in point, PSA's new agreement.

Other companies with RTP programs will get you hours faster and pay more for the first couple years. If you are ok building time, and pursuing traditional hiring considering LCCs, fractionals, cargo, that is the way to go. If you are okay waiting 8 years to get to AA... welcome to Envoy.