View Single Post
Old 04-05-2019, 02:12 PM
pooch817
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2019

The crash of fight 587 was disgrace and several people should be in prison for killing all those people. Three years before the accident I went to Railsback ,head of safety an told him the school house was teaching how to wreck a plane and not fly it. He agreed and said he had taken the same argument to management but had been over ruled. I talked to one of the "expert airman" going from base to base touting heavy rudder use only to have him turn his back on me mid sentence. Because I had once been a test Pilot for the company, an acrobatic pilot in my spare time, a current line pilot and an engineer by listening to him I could tell that he was both weak and inexperienced. One of the brown nosed working in flight management.
The standard recovery for Dutch roll had been use spoilers and definitely not rudder for 30 years. They biased the sims to make the sim behave the way they were teaching and not according to aircraft performance. The company had been repeatedly warned and yet a clique of pilots under the VP of flight were teaching a doctrine all their own in conflict with established procedure and aeronautical experience. The FAA came down pretty hard on them but not hard enough. THOSE PEOPLE SHOULDN'T HAVE DIED. It was a murder by a corrupt management

Last edited by pooch817; 04-05-2019 at 02:22 PM.