Thread: Career Change
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2019, 09:56 AM
PulledBreaker
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2016

Originally Posted by Too Many Bosses View Post
Hello APC users,

Mid career corporate pilot looking to change direction for my family and I. Fortune 500 with good pay but live in undesirable location. I’ve got no airline experience but lots of jet time that’s mostly logged as captain. Roughly 9,000 total time and some college. I don’t want to leave for another corporate operator.
Is there a place for me at Frontier, and in your opinion, would it be the kind of job that would be conducive to a family. Coming from being home about 75% of the time, but also bringing job related duties home typical to corporate aviation. Assuming a fairly easy commute, what are your professional thoughts. Living in one of the F9 bases at this time is not an option but desirable down the road. It will take a number of years to make what I’m making now, but will be able to match in a few years as a FO. Ready to apply. Cheers,

TMB
Conmuting to reserve, coming from corporate will be a pretty harsh adjustment. 6 day stretches in a crashpad is probably the least enjoyable scenario imaginable.

Living in base will beat any corporate job regarding time with family. Your schedule is known 3+ weeks in advance, and you can swap/drop days with relative ease here. The flexibility is fantastic.

Apply and see if you can get a call. Right now they are hiring mostly regional guys, with a sprinkle of 135 guys.