View Single Post
Old 04-06-2019, 02:44 PM
geosynchronus
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2010
Position: Corporate Captain

Originally Posted by Too Many Bosses View Post
Hello APC users,

Mid career corporate pilot looking to change direction for my family and I. Fortune 500 with good pay but live in undesirable location. I’ve got no airline experience but lots of jet time that’s mostly logged as captain. Roughly 9,000 total time and some college. I don’t want to leave for another corporate operator.
Is there a place for me at Frontier, and in your opinion, would it be the kind of job that would be conducive to a family. Coming from being home about 75% of the time, but also bringing job related duties home typical to corporate aviation. Assuming a fairly easy commute, what are your professional thoughts. Living in one of the F9 bases at this time is not an option but desirable down the road. It will take a number of years to make what I’m making now, but will be able to match in a few years as a FO. Ready to apply. Cheers,

TMB
You are in good company. I am considering the same move. I do live in one of Frontier's bases however.

Taking the pay cut will hurt, but I think it is a relatively small sacrifice considering the quick upgrades/growth/expansion that is forecast at Frontier now.

I applied, hoping that they will take a look at someone who has been corporate their whole career.