Thread: Terrible ethics
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2019, 09:52 PM
NavyFlyer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2014
Position: Cirrus CA
Default Terrible ethics

I fly on AS often and have numerous friends that work there. I generally had respect for your management team (as an outsider) because I (kind of) feel like they practiced what they preach.

But no more.

I have friends that are in your Pathways program with Horizon, and I’m embarrassed at what a laughing stock and sh*tty program that truly is. Your management team locks people in as future AS pilots, and then keeps moving the goal post further away on them.

Congrats, we’ll hire you at Alaska. But no, you can’t interview as an off the street hire and get here sooner without pulling your guaranteed job offer through the Pathway’s program away. Even though your credentials are great (and we’ve already hired you), I wouldn’t give up that guaranteed job offer for our other, harder, interview process that has no guarantees! Thanks for staying a Horizon employee for another three years.

Or, Congrats, we’ll hire you, only to now (as of yesterday) require you to have 1,000 PIC at Horizon before we bring you onboard. So for those FO’s who were “hired,” don’t wait to upgrade and enjoy your quality of life knowing you have a job in hand. Because it’s not there until you get hours that weren’t required when we “hired” you...

How bogus is this place!?! It’s not the requirements (1,000 PIC) that frustrate me. It’s the fact that they are changing the requirements of those already vested and “hired” into the program. They waited 8 months to make this announcement, so guys could have made life choices to upgrade sooner if they’d known the requirements when interviewing.

What a trash move by angle lake. Your management team doesn’t behave and act as they preach with their core values. What an embarrassment.

I will never recommend them to any friends as a place to work. This is the 4th bogus move that I’ve seen that is just insulting to people who strive to do their best every day, for a crappy management team that doesn’t seem to care about anyone but themselves. Not impressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk