Thread: Commuter Policy
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2019, 06:47 AM
CubWrangler
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2018

Originally Posted by Blackhawk View Post
I’m no longer there and results may vary with the new management.
I never had an issue with commuter policy, but I was always polite to scheduling and always communicated with them. In addition to the above you could “commuter” clause if you ran into bad traffic or weather prevented you from getting to the airport. In the case of traffic I would snap shot Waze in case they asked for proof but they never did. With weather, I just took a picture of the 3’ of snow out my front door and the local advisory against driving, but again I was not asked for proof.
While commuter hotels are not in the contract occasionally they have offered them if weather went to crap. But don’t count on them.
Again, communication can go a long way. I would always give them a heads up if it looked like there might be an issue- loads suddenly went down the tubes, weather, flight delay, etc. On the flip side, if I got in early I would often give scheduling a call in case they needed a pilot. It seemed to go a long way.
Most of my buddies at other airlines have some weird hatred of crew scheduling. It's good to hear that (at least in the recent past) there was a nice give and take between pilots and crew scheduling.