Old 04-07-2019, 05:14 PM
Schwanker
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2009

Originally Posted by Bluedriver View Post
We all know why. Delta is a ruthless competitor, this is yet another preemptive strike.

BUT, I'm not sure I see why? Aren't you guys telling us we're no threat?
I think Delta is interested in preventing yield erosion. See below how JB intends to lower fares across the Atlantic. This is simply protecting the turf. Make it as painful as possible for a new entrant. It’s only business.

Originally Posted by av8tiongeek View Post
One of America’s top-rated airlines is set to announce transatlantic flights promising “better service and lower fares than anyone”.

Hayes believes jetBlue can bring fares down from present levels and still make a reasonable profit.

“Since we launched [Mint], transcontinental fares have approximately halved,” said Mr Hayes.

“And if we make a decision to come, I promise you better service and lower fares than anyone: jetBlue flying to Europe would have a very important and profound effect in lowering fares.”

Originally Posted by hilltopflyer View Post
No I’m saying that when I’ve taking flights to lhr, cdg on delta they didn’t use the facilities.
Use them. Same fa for the whole flight. I’ve been on other flights to lhr and ams on other airlines and it was the same situation. Yes the plane has fa rest facilities but it isn’t a long enough flight to warrant them.
They are going to want some but they won’t get any. There isn’t an airline who uses rest facilities for fa on Europe.
Really? I only do BOS-LHR crossings a few times a month and these crazy FAs have been really pulling the wool over my eyes all this time!! When they are asking for pillows/blankets for the bunks they really had me fooled. Fell for it every time. It’s amazing how they make that non existent bunk area look just like a bunk room. They’re so creative. I’ll call them out on it next time. Oh, when they’re calling for arrival time so they can calculate breaks between initial service and arrival service, what do you think there real intentions are? I won’t fall for that one again!

Haha. But we are no competition... they aren’t going to let us go try things out like they did with the mint transcon flights. They know it’s going to be disrupting. What’s going to be interesting if it’s actually delta doing the flights, normally they announce the routes then just put their jv on it, so it doesn’t even help a US pilot.
If Delta isn’t operating the Gatwick flights, we should pick up additional LHR flights per the JV.