Thread: Ameriflight
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2019, 06:54 AM
eventualpilot
On Reserve

Joined APC: May 2010

Originally Posted by Mellokeith View Post
I earned an Aviation Science degree in 1989, but had few means to build flight time after graduation. I flew a couple of years S&R for CAP in the early 1990s then became a teacher and again had no funds for flying...
After 24 years of no flying, I passed a (VFR) flight review in 1 flight (a month ago). I have decided I want to go back to what I always wanted; to fly for a living.
I really like the look of Ameriflight and I am very close to requirements, but the last time I flew an instrument proficiency check was in '94, before we even had GPS. I'm short on funds, being unemployed for over 9 months.
I have a friend who has loaned me his VFR plane, so getting the TT up a few hours is just the price of fuel. It's the IFR currency I'm most worried about.

Any ideas or even assistance available to get me to an employable position with AMF??

I have: Class 2 Medical, Commercial , SEL, MEL, IFR airplane
495.8 TT
73.1 IFR (only 4.4 actual) last check was 1994
29.7 ME
110.6 HP/complex
10.3 turbine

Sorry for the long story...
Just took the below from the Ameriflight website. See how you compare and keep an eye out for when the below positions become available. Get an IPC and keep building time.

First Officer Positions

EMB120 FO: 500 TT, 25 ME, 100 XC (defined as point to point), 25 night, 350 PIC, 75 instrument

Accelerated Captain Program FO: 750 TT, 25 ME, 300 XC (defined as point to point), 100 night, 500 PIC, 75 instrument