Thread: Help!!!
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2019, 06:55 PM
wrxpilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: B767

Originally Posted by Chemtrail1 View Post
Nothing in particular, but more of a feeling of impending doom because of perceived emphasis anomalies. EG: We spent a 45 minutes in systems on ELECTRICAL (slides mechanically read by a guy who never flew the jet), and 4 hours practicing opening emergency exits. That is one example of why we are afraid of the oral. I removed the line in my post because I want to try and get past the Oral and Sims without calling any more attention to myself lol.
Well... That’s not really unusual. It sucks the guy never flew the plane, but it definitely happens. Spending 45 mins on electrical slides is definitely not bad, and could be a lot worse. I think we spent all day talking about the propeller when I was in Brasília ground school. We absolutely spent more than 45 mins talking about electrical on that plane too.

Doors training seems excessive for four hours... But I’m assuming that was also including testing emergency equipment?

I agree with the other poster that a lot of self study is required in 121. They will not spoon feed you, and that goes for the majors as well (often times the major airline training programs aren’t as good as some regionals).