View Single Post
Old 08-08-2005, 10:14 PM
Diesel 10
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2005
Position: 757 captain

You'll visit some interesting places working for Connie...

Pack for 5 to 7 days of clothing and plan on doing laundry on the road once or twice. Count on wearing jeans 3 to 4 times before washing them, so you only need one or two pair max. I wear shirts at least twice, and uniform shirts enough legs until they're simply too filthy to wear anymore Pack thin fabrics and dress in layers during colder weather months. I pack a jumprope for exercise, some fellas use those rubber bands for simulated weights. Definitely bring a laptop along unless you're a recluse.

A trick to packing efficiently is using Eagle Creek clothing folders. Here's a link- http://www.eaglecreek.com/graphics/m...ckitfolder.htm

They work great, and your clothes don't bunch up in your suitcase due to gravity.

Bring plenty of reading material. I always stop by a Borders or Barnes and buy some books before my international trips.

Don't forget undershirts for your uniform wearing days, it's the thing I forget most.

You'll get a feel for what to bring and what not to after two long stretches, I can promise you. Trial and error will make you a pro in no time.