Old 04-10-2019, 07:26 PM
hyperboy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: B6

Originally Posted by dontsurf View Post
? who tried what? the council voted against jetblue making money with these slots? no, they just voted against us doing international flying. other airlines make money flying domestically out of long beach. so in my opinion, jetblue should make money flying domestically out of long beach. i don't even understand why you brought up the city council. i am talking about jetblue's complete lack of competence on the west coast.

as for hyperbole vs. fact...this is a fact. we gave up the slots because we are incompetent as an airline on the west coast. this is not hyperbole. maybe you guys saying these things are not based in long beach and do not know or understand the level of sheer incompetence and farcical history of pathetic corporate decisions that has led jetblue to have such a poor presence on the west coast. those of us that live and work here know the history and the truth of the matter. there is not debating how poor a job jetblue has done on the west coast. i find it amazing that someone would either a) blame the long beach city council for our poor business performance here and/or b) say that these are not facts and is instead hyperbole. there really is no defending the company on this one, guys.
If what we wanted to do was international flying which I don't disagree with you on. This was our plan and one that we worked hard on. Fact we had the votes the night before. Then the day of the vote things changed. What more should we have done? Offered "kneecappings" in the parking lot for an unfavorable vote?