View Single Post
Old 04-11-2019, 09:18 AM
Ala5ka
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2018

Wrong. I would have been completely content with the way things were at virgin for the long haul... and contrary to the popular belief of many at legacy Alaska, Vx was growing and was profitable when we were purchased.

There is absolutely nothing that is the same about my day to day operation as was at virgin, which is why I despise Alaska...one hop across the pacific or transcon (and we filled them
up, unlike the bleeding money show Alaska does on transcons)has turned into 4 and 5 leg regional flying, our qol has been destroyed, and our one option to not be based on the west coast has closed down....so while I was content being a Vx pilot forever, if we were to be bought, I’m disgusted that it was by visionless Alaska. As was previously mentioned, had jet blue not been cblocked by the wonderful most west coast horror show, Vx pilots day to day would much more closely mirror what we had instead of going back 30 years in a time machine to the Seattle Seahawks hometown airline... and ps it’s comical that Alaska spends so much time, money, and effort on Russel Wilson and seahawks nonsense while the Seahawks think so little of this joke of an airline that they take their business to delta hahahaha

Originally Posted by KnockKnock View Post
So you’re saying his aspirations at VX we’re to be purchased and the only way for those things to happen at VX was indeed a buy out? Then why complain about something that wasn’t happening in ones career before and isn’t now? It’s become endless complaining for the sake of complaining. AS has been going to HI for more than a decade but as soon as SWA begins HI the complaining starts that we’re going to lose all our pax and our 737 service is going to be inferior to their 737 service. Now JB announces London and the complaint is that we’re not going to Europe and we have no growth. So I see that with these guys, it wouldn’t matter if we were going into a market or not because with them, we’re damned if we do and damned if we don’t. He doesn’t like AS, I get it and that’s perfectly fine. What wears me out is the complaining as if VX was going to be growing into an international success and AS prevented that from happening. The guy is doing the exact same type of flying the day the acquisition was announced and was content to do for his career. How many big international airlines are there? If you aren’t already, you’ll be bald from pulling out your hair worrying about what every other airline does.