View Single Post
Old 04-14-2019, 07:44 AM
harvick4
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2013

Originally Posted by Adlerdriver View Post
I meant that I had already worked as much as I wanted to work and did not have the scheduling flexibility to use the OTP in the current month.

Yes, this is how I interpreted the situation, so it didn’t seem like OTP would benefit me.

Just for OTP education, is it correct to say that you get pay protected for the trip that gets dropped at 100%. Then, when you use your OTP hours at some point in the future, you technically earn the extra 25% resulting in the advertised 125% pay? I’ve never been clear on how the OTP pay really happens.

So you will get paid as you flew the trip. 3 months later you will have the hours deducted. Pay summery will show -X hours at the top.

You will see in your OTP(same as PMU) bank the X hours. You will get 125% for those hours flown, and will be able to go -6(the -6 at straight pay) in that bank. With that in mind, if you don't have much in your make up bank choosing sub does give you the option of -6 hours in the OTP bank.

Why we don't have cancellation pay like every regional airline is crazy. Makes 0 sense, but it is what it is. IMHO, OTP is the only option when put in Sub as a commuter.