Old 04-14-2019, 11:22 AM
kronan
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: 757 Capt

Originally Posted by harvick4 View Post
You lost me at "You DO get paid"

Do you know what cancelation pay is?

Also, neat story with that plane breaking and overage. My trip in 2 weeks just canceled and I'm now in sub. Now what?? Just pay me and let me live my life and not be on the hook.
A one day trip. Easy, decline OTP now and peruse Open Time occasionally over the next two weeks.
Barring a 777 Month Long 70CH trip going away, virtually guarantee you'll be able to fill that 6 CH hole and be paid 7.5CH's to do so

And No, not familiar with all the details of Cancellation pay.

I do know, from perusing Delta's last Contract Comparison that Every Major has Rotation Guarantee and Everyone also has a Recover Obligation.

What do they mean by Recovery Obligation?

Delta's says 6 hours of Availability after Report with the Return from Original trip 4 hours; same calendar day for Ocean Crossing

American says 2 hours (4 hours if removed prior to Report) and then Deomestic 4 hours or 1:59 whichever is later, ocean crossing 30 hours

United says 2 hours (4 hours if removed prior to report)...and Original Trip

Alaska says Unlimited after report (boy that sounds scary)...return from original trip 5 hours

Hawaiian also Unlimited. Recovery flying may not be longer than the original trip and must touch one day of the original trip

Jet Blue's pretty complex.

Southwest says must contact (s)Crew Scheduling for reassignment

And there's a Simple Yes to Recovery Obligation for both FedEx and UPS