View Single Post
Old 04-14-2019, 06:45 PM
FXLAX
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2017
Default Overage/Sub/OTP FCIF

Originally Posted by kronan View Post
But if I'm apologizing for things that are part of FedEx.

Please, allow me to apologize for being unable to eliminate all Carryover at straight time during the last 2 rounds of negotiations.

Please, allow me to apologize for not eliminating the makeup bank process that prevents people from working as much as they want.

Please, allow me to apologize for not eliminating the +12 CH trade up provisions since we stuck with the whole makeup bank thing.

Please, allow me to apologize for not formulating Contractual Protection requiring Basic Charter HSBY footprints from being built into the Bidpack to prevent the Wolfpack.

I think he meant that Alaska in general is the company’s apologizer.

As for your post, there are other ways to prevent pilots from picking up unlimitedly and get rid of the banks.

As for other airlines (AAL, DAL, UAL), my reading of the UAL contract and talking with friends at those airlines, they all protect pay for the trip lost, have provisions to be reassigned a trip or reserve within the original footprint of the trip lost, and have provisions for restoring any days off you originally had. All of them differ in the details of how those things are done, phone availability, reassignment restrictions, etc, but they protect the integrity of the pilots’ schedule and pay a lot more than our systems seems to. And probably just as important, it’s a whole lot simpler to understand.