Thread: Ameriflight
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2019, 06:06 AM
FreightDogs
Ameriflight

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Originally Posted by ComingInHot View Post
Hi everyone,

new member here, have been reading for a while for a while though.

Truly interested in flying for Ameriflight, seems like a great company with some fun flying!

Finally I have enough hours to qualify for a FO position at Ameriflight. Currently I am a CFI/ CFII at 550h TT, living in San Diego.

I do have some questions and I would appreciate if some of you could give me some answers: (of course the only position I would qualify for is the EMB 120 FO position)

-
  • How likely is it to get ONT right away currently?
  • Could I continue living in San Diego if I get ONT or is that too far away? (I know that you have to live within 1.5 hours of your base)
  • Realistically how many hours per month does a FO get out of ONT?
  • Do the hours as a FO on the EMB 120 count towards your ATP?
  • How long is a work day usually/ when does it start & end? (If I understand correctly its Monday through Friday, so I would be home every evening)
  • Is there a training contract for the captain positions on the BE99 once I have enough hours to upgrade?

Thank you for any insight you may have
Hopefully, I can answer some of these questions for you:
1. For EMB120 First Officer positions, you choose/agree upon the base before you even sign the offer letter. So you can put your app in and wait for ONT to open, if you'd like. This position (EMB120 FO) is one where you have to live near the base and fly out of that base until you transition/upgrade.
2. We wouldn't advise it. I believe it's a two-drive and you'd have to make that twice a day (to and from), five days a week.
3. For the EMB120 ONT route, you'd get 30 flight hours per month.
4. Yes, the hours as an EMB120 First Officer count toward your ATP.
5. For the ONT route, I have it at 0730 to 1800, Monday through Friday.
6. There is not a training contract for BE99 Captains. Or any position other than the ACP FOs.

Obviously, 30 flight hours per month is a bit low. To ease that, we are giving the option to switch to the Accelerated Captain Program when you reach those mins - 750 TT. So at 500 TT, you could become an EMB120 FO and if it's a low time route, you could switch to an ACP FO at 750 TT (so after about 8 months). As an ACP FO, you'd live wherever you'd like and we'd fly you to your assignment anywhere in our system (high timed routes to get you to Captain mins asap). At 1,000 TT, you'd become a restricted BE99 Captain and at 1,200 TT, you'd become an unrestricted, regular BE99 Captain. At that point, you'd have to pick a base again. That would be your base for at least six months wherein you could bid another location, if you'd like.

Hope that helps!