View Single Post
Old 04-16-2019, 06:59 AM
bryris
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2008
Position: Hotel
Default Should I go back?

I flew for Trans States in mid 2007 and all of 2008. I quit shortly after my furlough notice was given to me and haven't flown "professionally" since then other than some CFI work.

I am a finance guy for a Fortune 300 waste company these days and have done very well for myself in the last decade. I bought my own airplane and fly about 110 hours a year in that capacity, but it's all VFR "weekend warrior" type hobby flying. But, I do fly regularly and have been, so there's that.

2,500 hr TT, 1,000 in the right seat of the EMB-145 at Trans States. But haven't sat in a jet in over a decade now.

I make right at six figures now, so will take a pretty good pay cut to go back. But, I'm tossing the idea around. It sounds like with the "shortage" in place now and hiring line movement, life could be pretty good in a couple to three years.

I live in Lakeland, FL and have no interest in moving, so I'd have to commute. I did the MCO to STL thing for 18 months. Ughhh. Which regionals have domiciles closer to me that are commutable (i.e. not 6 pilots trying to get a ride to work every flight)?