Thread: Alpa drive?
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2019, 11:42 AM
gojo
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2010

Originally Posted by Truthanator View Post
I understand why you are mad. It's funny that when any ALPA organizer or supporter is faced with hard questions or any reasonable dissent, they respond just like this. I've done it in person, and they get up and walk away. They don't want questions, they want you to fall in line and donate your 2%.

ALPA has broken our trust while promoting some "brotherhood" and failed to protect our profession. Regional pilots have been forced into low wages and stuck in airplane's that should be on main line property for more than 10-15 years.

I don't have all the answers, but I know ALPA is not the answer for Skywest, or any other regional airline.

All you have to do is take a roll call of all the regional's that ALPA has failed....and that is after ALPA at all of the main line carriers failed them first.

Comair. Horizon. ExpressJet. Eagle. ASA.

How many examples to you need? How many more "regional" pilots have to fly from MSP-LAX in a 76 jet for $85/hr?

Certify your own union, even if it costs you extra. ALPA would make Skywest another miserable regional airline overnight. I've talked to regional pilots at ALPA regional's. It's worthless. Donate 2% to file grievances? Congratulations. Way to stick it to management. That'll show them.

The FAA isn't coming after your license anymore.
Wow, just wow. Nice demonstration of myopic view. While ALPA may not be perfect. Neither is Skywest. And neither Alpa or Skywest is the naive picture that you attempt to paint. Good thing that most pilots in this industry use the rational thinking process part of their brain. If one picks and chooses just what they want to see and hear they’re going to miss a lot in the translation. ALPA has done a lot for this industry as a whole in regards to Safety, and many other programs that Skywest pilots take advantage of for free. And I shudder to think of what this industry would be like without it.