Thread: Ameriflight
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2019, 06:38 AM
FreightDogs
Ameriflight

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Originally Posted by ComingInHot View Post
Thank you guys for all your replies, I appreciate the Insight!

Few more questions:

How long does it usually take to get the hours in the ACP program and upgrade to captain?

If I understand correctly I could live in San Diego in the ACP program?

How likely is it to get San Diego as a BE99 captain after finishing the ACP program?

How many hours per month does a BE99 captain get out of KSAN?

Is commuting possible at all in case I would not get KSAN right away and would have to wait another 6 month to choose again?

Could I come in as a restricted captain on the BE99 at a 1000h or do you only hire them as unrestricted captains at 1200h?

How long is the training contract for the ACP program? Does the time starts counting when you start as a FO or when you're upgrading to captain?

How much is the buy out amount if you wanted to leave the contract early?

Sorry for all the questions and again thank you for answering them in depth!

Cheers

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk
1. It depends on your hours when you start the program, but usually 4-6 months. (An example: we have two pilots who came to Ameriflight in the January InDoc class as ACP FOs. Since then, they completed training and flew on some of our highest timed routes - PR for example. They will be heading to upgrade class in the middle of May to become BE99 Captains.)
2. Yes. In the ACP program, you live wherever you'd like. We send you from the nearest airport to any of our bases to fly our highest timed routes (in order to get you to Captain mins quickly).
3. It all depends on timing. We only have one route atm out of San Diego. It's a BE99 route, which is a plus for you. It would just depend on when that current pilot is transitioning to larger equipment, leaving, or just wants to move. You could probably guesstimate by comparing BE99 mins to BE1900 mins, though.
4. Atm, only 30+ flight hours per month on that one.
5. Commuting is not really possible with our schedule. But a more thorough look on your current situation can be given by a recruiter during the application process. TDY or ONT might be an option if SAN is not open - again something to speak with your recruiter about when the time comes.
6. Yes, you could be a BE99 restricted Captain at 1,000 TT. But you'd have to be an ACP FO with us first. Our waiver from the FAA allows us to put Captains in the BE99 at 1,000 TT, but only if they are first a First Officer with us for at least 50 flight hours.
7. It's a ladder contract based on flight hours flown with AMF, not time. It's based on 1,200 flight hours with every 400 hours being worth $5,000 as our training costs us about $15,000 per pilot. The reason: the ACP positions are not required. It's just AMF helping the pilot get hours and up to Captain mins. Therefore we contract the pilot to stay for awhile.
8. Based on the ladder above.

Hope that helps!