View Single Post
Old 04-19-2019, 12:26 PM
tunes
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2011

Originally Posted by DWC CAP10 USAF View Post
I understand the company can move things around month to month...I'm more talking about how they assign rotation 6969 to the NYC (insert your new hire NB plane here)....they (CR) has mis-managed the capt/fo ratio so there is negative reserve coverage for months in a row....APD's don't even work it's so bad....FO's can't move their schedule around at all.....then just when you finally fall into the right spot where you are off work and a trip is in OT and you can almost taste the greeny....they pull a reserve guy from another base to cover the said rotation.

This results in the one base (NYC) guys getting bent over twice: once not being able to move days around because of the poor manning and then again when not even getting a chance to get the GS.

In this example, if the rotation gets assigned to base X in the monthly bid package then they should own it and I feel like the in base guys should have first dibs at the GS before they call in the OOB reserve guy.

I would like to see the assignment ladder modified slighly becuase of this.

And yes it was in my survey answers.
you are preaching to the choir and i'd bet 90% of the pilot group agrees with you here.