View Single Post
Old 04-19-2019, 07:21 PM
Asiabound
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2018
Position: recliner

Originally Posted by Mercenario View Post
Thanks for your advise! I am 55 years old and that’s why I want to return to USA. Things in China are not too bad, but a lot of punishment for little things plus medical
Check are not easy at all. In China when you get old you worth nothing. Also I was looking that in the USA I can fly to 65 years old and in China only to 60 years old, I am trying to extend my career for another 5 years.
That's a good paycheck. I would focus more on a financial plan if you haven't already? Like use that money to set up some rental properties and business investments. Go partner with someone in a Pinkberry or another franchise. I'm being totally serious, my focus would be on the quickest route to hanging it up. Preparing for my retirement days on the beach/golf course/pool. You can always fly Part 91 corporate or work as an on call contractor on a Gulfstream or something to keep busy. I hear the going rates for those guys is between 700-1000/day depending on where you live.

If you go to Atlas now, you'll definitely be working your butt off til 65. 20-22 days per month on the road commuting to ANC for at least a year. Working in China may be tough, but working at Atlas won't be easy.

Good luck. That's a good problem to have!