View Single Post
Old 04-20-2019, 03:13 PM
piloto2
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2016

I will echo the sentiments of most everyone when I say to stay away from this place unless they are your only resort. Even then, I’d carefully consider what I was about to get myself into.

The training contract is the only way they keep pilots. Very few stay there longer than a year. Why? Because management treats pilots like crap. How exactly? You’ll routinely be asked to break rules, and when you don’t play along nicely, they will “casually” remind you that you can be fired for any reason and then will owe the full cost of the training contract. Break that contract and they will come after you. It’s the glue that holds the place together. Without it, almost nobody would stay. The only way they get pilots there in the first place is because people don’t do their homework before signing the contract. Speaking of contracts, NA requires a 90 day notice before you leave or you are in breach. Think about that for a minute! What decent company requires anything close to that? It’s ridiculous!

Don’t get suckered into going there by the flashy website and marketing. It’s lipstick on a pig. But if you are foolish enough to fall for it and play along, you’ll fit right in because they will routinely have you lie to the passengers you carry. That is of course after you hand them a welcome aboard letter with a prominent Bible verse based on the aircraft’s tail number.