Old 04-21-2019, 05:57 AM
Aviatour
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2018

Originally Posted by Xdashdriver View Post
Considering the previous tabs are looking for information about your FAA certificates, it would seem the question about the turbojet type rating would refer to the FAA ATP. If you want your foreign license info to be known about, I would put the training you did for it under the education history section as professional development courses. That’s the way I handled it.

As an aside, I know some pilots (mostly non-US) out there use the term ICAO ATPL to describe any other country’s ATP other than the US but it’s a pretty useless tag. The full FAA ATP is ICAO compliant and therefore an “ICAO ATP” itself. Not sure how the practice got started but it’s a misnomer.
Thanks for your response. I was thinking the same, that it refers to the FAA ATP. Thank you for that suggestion. That seems to be a good way to go about it.

I understand what you're saying. I can't speak for others, but in my case I'm aware that the FAA ATP is ICAO compliant and an "ICAO ATP" itself. I just prefer to refer to my foreign license, for the purpose of this thread, in the most general term "ICAO ATPL" vs "ICAO compliant ATPL issued by X aviation authority" to keep it short and to stay anonymous by not mentioning the country I'm currently working in.