View Single Post
Old 04-21-2019, 07:46 AM
zondaracer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: I pilot

Originally Posted by OOnewb View Post
I hear that you have strong feelings about this issue, and I respect that. I'm trying to get a feel for what the actual policies and practices are in training on the pilots' side at OO, though.

Are these things that pilot trainees actually get written up for at OO?

What counts as "disrespect" or "disruptive behavior" by OO standards? Like, earlier in this thread, someone was talking about certain airlines having a union-backed policy of allowing a retest by a different instructor. It seems like OO doesn't have that policy. What if a trainee stated that one instructor had been unfair during a drill and requested a different instructor for the retest? Would that be worthy of a write-up, or termination from the training program? Again, I get that everyone might have their own opinions here, but I'm asking about what actually happens in SkyWest pilot training.

As far as tardiness goes, aren't most trainees expected to take the hotel shuttle to training? I meant more in terms of coming back from breaks during the day. If you are a minute late back from a break, do you get written up? Or do you just have to throw $5 in to the pizza party fund?
I never saw anyone acting disrespectful in class. I did see one guy have an attitude in sim and asked to resign. Many students bring a car and then quite a few students will pool together in a car. If you’re late, then $5 for the pizza party. Captjns doesn’t work for SkyWest so he/she is just sharing their experience from other carriers.

Feel free to wear brown dress shoes to class.

Picture day requires wearing a white shirt and black tie. Class photo day requires wearing the uniform. Every other day, business casual.