View Single Post
Old 04-22-2019, 08:12 AM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by 155mm View Post
A raise is important however working in an environment that is political and incites fear is substandard. I quote the OP,

Unions are not perfect but when management ultimately works for Wall Street, unions are crucial in protecting the employee from untethered unilateral policies and decision making. I know SkyWest pilots have had union drives in the past and the majority of pilots look at SkyWest as a stepping stone and not a career.

I realize there are other posters and trolls that want me to shutup and "enjoy retirement" but I feel its important your pilot group re-consider unionizing and put a stop to the "fear" and other abuses vocalized by the pilot group.
I did four full training events at OO, including one back in the day before "sensitivity to the feelings of others" was really a thing. There was no fear culture.

Not everyone passes 121 training, nor should they. If you happened to be in that small fraction of folks who just can't hack it (for whatever reason, despite copious remedial efforts), yes you will probably be fearful. Can't make the world perfect for everyone.

Like everywhere else, they had some hard-arse sim guys back in the day but they flushed almost all of them over a decade ago, specifically because they didn't want a toxic training culture. The few hard ones who survived had to tone it down big time. One laid low for years, thought he could get back to his old ways, and got sent right back to the line just a couple years ago.

No regional can afford a reputation for hard training and OO figured that out a very long time ago.