View Single Post
Old 04-24-2019, 11:57 AM
TrojanCMH
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2009
Default My greatest concern as an airline pilot.

Originally Posted by CAirBear View Post
Really? I remember the oil switch. I wasn't aware that there was an oil out there that didn't have any of the Tricresyl Phosphate. I know there are some oils that have a smaller percentage of it, but it pretty much has to have some of it (or a similar compound) to help with the tremendous high heat. If it indeed doesn't have it, then I would assume that is the next step for most every carrier.

I do hope that they get the Bleed Air filters installed over there as was stated in emails. My concern was, I would ask every mechanic I came across how its going, what they knew about it or what they heard. It wasn't very reassuring how many had no clue about it. This was months after it was announced as well.

Someone rattled off a few tails that got it installed, but still didn't say much about it or give a lot of detail. I will say though that once they stopped over servicing the fluids things did get a lot better so that is good for sure.
None of the new filters have been installed... They haven’t been approved by the FAA yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk