View Single Post
Old 04-25-2019, 05:05 AM
kronan
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: 757 Capt

Originally Posted by UnusualAttitude View Post
I’m glad we’ve got you out there. Makes the rest of us seem reasonable. Improving some of these items shouldn’t be so controversial.

Keep in mind these “new guys” who pays dues just like you will be voting on the same contract as you.

1. Sub is another term for recovery obligation. Most carriers have it. Ours is so complicated that simply using the wrong term with scheduling can potentially cost the pilot a lot of money.
The process should be simplified and the software should be coded to give the pilot a clearer picture. Choice A will give you X number of credit hours and X obligation - Choice B will give you X number of credit hours. Simple, straightforward. Not the case right now. It’s a complicated flow chart and the wrong guess at 3 AM could hose you.

-UA
Never thought I'd read a pilot advocating for more FedEx IT support.

At 3 AM, your best choice is staying in SUB because you'll have minimal overlap. And thinking through the options in the light of day makes it easy to evaluate your choices.

One exception, as a commuter on Friday nights I'm prone to declining SUB which will automatically invoke OTP within 30 minutes of block-in of my extended trip in order to just go home.