Thread: Air Choice One
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2019, 09:27 PM
MacrossJet
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2015

Originally Posted by DiveAndDrive View Post
10k for the contract. Not "officially" prorated, but if you are a good employee and fulfill a good portion, they will work with you. I would still personally recommend completing the contract, just to not burn a bridge.

Yes. It's a single pilot, single engine, fixed gear, unpressurized aircraft.

But I've done hand flown 1800 ft RVR ILSes on steam gauges.

I've iced up so bad, I couldn't maintain altitude or airspeed.

I've called ORD clearance and demanded they give me certain vectors, or else I was not taking off. (this was to avoid the aforementioned icing after an hour and a half delay after arriving from the inbound flight)

I've flown through and around thunderstorms.

I've had to deal with passengers, gate agents, EDCTS, and weight and balance and fuel problems.

I learned more in my time as a captain than I did in my entire flying career up to that point.

And my instructors, check airmen, and captains have spoken very highly of me at my current 121 gig. I did not require any additional training at any point during the curriculum. When I told my captains I was new to the aircraft, they would ask me what my back ground was. I'd respond with ACO. They'd shrug and say "you're fine. You know how to fly a plane."

ACO (and other similar operators), and they type of flying they do, are known and respected.

I'll take my "single pilot, single engine, fixed gear, unpressurized plane" as a low time pilot, any day of the week.

What're the schedules like? Four on two off? For example. Are they commutable?