View Single Post
Old 04-26-2019, 12:11 AM
WacoQCF
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2014

Originally Posted by RCpilot2018 View Post
Flying the P3 is not yet attainable (almost exclusively former Navy qualified P3 pilots with multiple tours),

Completely untrue here. There have been about a dozen folks within AMO transfer to Jax and CRP that are now flying the line and not prior Navy. I encourage all to apply that have some significant fixed wing time and a good attitude for learning. WE NEED PILOTS THAT WANT TO FLY THE P3!

The DHC8 has been planned for being scrapped. Even then, both of them don’t translate well to more than a regional airline.
[/QUOTE]

Really? You can't be serious![/QUOTE]

Part 91 King Air and DHC8 Pilots are minimally qualified applicants to the “majors”, usually offset by their military experience. A straight off the street King Air or DHC8 candidate will be right on the level of the CFI with wet ATP. Not being in the 121 world will be a setback

Setting those arguments aside - are you also going to defend the morale and quality of life aspects? How about time off and 12 year pay scales?

So, please provide us your demographics; are you a P3 Pilot or a AEA/AEO?

My strong recommendation is to avoid the smoking turd that is OAM. Of those I know who have gone to airlines, not one has seen it as anything close to a mistake.