View Single Post
Old 04-26-2019, 10:33 AM
No Land 3
Banned

Joined APC: Feb 2017

I too went to ATP and did many of my check rides in FT. Lauderdale with "Pink Slip Pinkston."
He had very easy orals, but would fail you for the slightest infraction during the flight. Needless to say, while working on my Flight Instructor ratings, I got two pink slips. The only thing I could do is distance myself over time from those failures.
Five failures all at the very beginning is unfortunate. You need to understand that you can never again fail anything, and that you aren't going to work at Delta, Fed Ex, UPS, Jet Blue, UA, etc. Distance yourself from the failures, have a decade of zero failures while advancing at a company, and you may get a top tier job. Yes, going to a wholy owned AA regional might be your safest bet, but any more failures will have you doing your plan B.
Almost everyone has a computer firewall for the application process, and it will kick out your resume with five failures, even with two. No chances to explain yourself, no human element that can relate to your story. Sorry man, this can be a very cruel industry to people who aren't established yet.
And it was Mesa that gave me the chance back then to prove myself. That in itself was all that I needed to overcome it. Being real with you though, five failures will be difficult for any 121 or 135 operation to look past. Maybe the corporate world coupled with a decent type rating will be an easier road? I have no idea.