Thread: Southern Air
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2019, 06:32 PM
boeingdvr
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2016

Originally Posted by kolt66 View Post
I didn't advocate for that at all. You're reading that into my words. I told him that if he thinks someone is lying to discourage people from applying then don't counter it with something that makes it sound like it's not that bad. It's really pretty simple.

If someone did come on here and said some things that you knew weren't true but you also know is going to discourage people from applying then WHY STOP THEM? You're not required to respond on here or correct inaccuracies or misinformation.

If I worked at an airline that was fighting for a new contract and someone started telling people that my airline was the worst and that no one should want to work there the last thing I would want to do is to harm my chances at a new contract by working to correct their misinformation! It's not that hard to understand.
Southern Air is all the rage. Every kid has dreamed off being a SA pilot. There is nothing more glamorous than your 2:00am wake up call in the dead of winter.

You roll out bed, throw on your pants and a knock off North Face Jacket ( that’s all you can afford )

You catch a 1980 Ford Van with 4 rows of bench seats. Off to the hub you go. It’s cold as ****, icy and miserable.

You pull up to the big yellow hub- then it hits you- It’s like the walking dead. many weeks of beards all over the place wearing Flannel

On the 1983 Chevy Crew bus with another 10 half dead airline pilots making weird grunts.

You make the turn, it’s the ugliest thing on the ramp, in all her glory The she is- a 1974 Boeing 737-400, with 35,000 cycles.

It’s 430am and you’re off to Omaha Nebraska. This is your career. You fire up tinder and strike a pose- this is the money shot.

Day 1 - only 17 to go! You made it.

If you don’t believe me- come see for yourself, and you will laugh and say- this cat was right.