View Single Post
Old 04-28-2019, 06:49 PM
AV8R72
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2018

Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
Hi there everyone!

I've always wanted to be a pilot, and up until a few years ago that was my plan and career goal. This was my plan up until I realized the cost of flight programs and training. Just last week I saw an article talking about how extensive the pilot shortage is and how many airlines are in need of pilots. This article resurged my interest and passion for a career in aviation.

I'm currently in my first year of college majoring in a business related degree, which to my understanding doesn't really matter in the eyes of getting hired as a pilot. I figured this would work just in case my pilot career doesn't work out for what ever reason, I would have my major to fall back on. My question is, how should I go about private flight training in the midst of being a full-time student with ideally, a part-time job? Do as much as I can over the Summer? Spread it over the school year on weekends I'm home? I'm also heavily interested in the Envoy cadet program, is this doable while being a full-time college student in a non-aviation major?

I have a couple local flight schools that I found that I am interested in and have already begun to contact.

If y'all don't mind, I would also like to DM some of you guys the flight schools I'm interested in so that y'all can tell me if I'm getting ripped off or not.

Anyways, thanks for reading and any help will be greatly appreciated!
Knock out your PPL starting now and enroll in a college aviation program that is partnered with Envoy. That’s the best deal out there.