Thread: DAL Class drops
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2019, 12:30 AM
Broncos
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2015

Originally Posted by AR1978 View Post
Did a bit of reading through this thread and saw how the majority of new hires are going to NYC.

I currently live in Atlanta, an Air Force pilot flying the E-8 (Boeing 707), have 23 months until retiring, and am hoping to get picked up by Delta and stay in Atlanta. Is there an airframe that would be my best bet to do that or commute to NYC and then like a year later be transferred to Atlanta? From reading on here it appears the 737 or 717 are the best bets but if I get hired I'll be a noob too lol, so I could very easily be wrong.
24 months is a long time in Deltaville. In the next 24 months, we'll probably retire a fleet or two, open/close a base or two, buy a new airframe or two, and merge with another company or two. Only 69% of what I just typed will eventually be true. Which 69%, no one knows. The point is that no one can give you the answer you seek. Come back and ask that question when you've got the CJO in hand and the info will be much more accurate. Good luck, and I hope you avoid the non-vol 365s that will inevitably be thrown your way in your last two years. Was in your shoes not long ago.